Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hello, New World of Blog

This is my first time in this world of blogging and as my title says, I will be blogging about my lifetime filled with goodbyes and hello's. I have said goodbye to my home town, but hello to a professional life in the Twin Cities. I have said goodbye to old friends and hello to new ones. I have said final goodbyes to my parents, a sister and recently a brother. How can I find a hello to a new family?

I said goodbye to one career and hello to another, goodbye to one marriage and hello to a far better one. In 1998, I said goodbye to a lifetime in Minnesota and hello to life off the grid in the Black Hills of South Dakota. My husband, a volunteer firefighter, built our house to be fire resistant, made of rock, cement siding and metal roofing. In 2007 we said goodbye to that wonderful home, and to the book I had been working on, in the out-of-control wildfire of 7-7-7. But then I said hello to a more unusual book, "Cascade of Flames". Check it out at Amazon or Outskirtspress.

I know my life will always be filled with goodbyes. It is only when I say hello to something new that I can move on with a life that may have losses, but always, always, in every way, I want to find a way to say hello again.

- Mary Ellen Goulet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top