Sunday, November 6, 2011

What a Difference the Sun Makes

We woke to a grey sky. It has always been a challenge for me to get our of bed on sunless days. Bob turned on the fire in our living room and I turned on some music, the first warming the house and the second warming my mood. The teakettle begins to whistle, the cat begs for breakfast and the world turns right side up again.

Later in the morning the sun sneaks out, just in time for our old cat to warm himself in the window on our front porch. In the afternoon he follows the sun into my office, curls up on a chair, and snoozes away the remaining moments of sunshine. The sun cheers me up as I sit at the computer. My world feels different...safer somehow, with the sun flickering across the floor. It may have been a difficult beginning to this day, but I know that sooner or later the soft rays of the sun will return to enrich the hours of my life. Perhaps it will not be today, but maybe tomorrow, or the day after, but it won't abandon me for long, returning once again to renew my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top