Saturday, January 19, 2013

It's Nice to be Missed

An email appeard as I was working on a speech to be given at the Golden Valley Country Club in the Twin Cities next weekend. The writer said that he wondered if my computer had crashed again since I had not written a blog for a while.

I looked back. Wow! Was it really that long? I have not taken a few minutes to write a blog and my computer is back working. I also got a new printer. So, no excuses, except life seems to get in the way of living at times.

What is the saying, "Take time to smell the flowers?"

I must learn to say no to some things. Actually, I did say no to a trip back to the Cities to speak at a founder's banquet. I feel badly, since I am one of the founders of the organization that began twenty years ago and I really love to give speeches. I weighed the pros and cons, and the cons to going won out. Making a video will entail a few hours. Attending and presenting would involve several days.

The email was a jolt. I stopped working on my speech and turned to my blog. It is really a special feeling to receive a message that my writing is missed. I also got another email from a high school friend from Ely, Minnesota, who now reads my blog. She writes,  ....beautiful thoughts....As I read I could smell the wet wool and remember the snow tunnels that were everywhere. The snow was deeper then and the banks were higher. It's good to reminisce.

Emails such as these are special moments. My friend from Minnesota has a way with words. She could write a blog as well, or better, than I. Many people could and would, if the opportunity presented itself. Everyone has something to say, some  more eloquently than others, but everyone has a story. If only everyone told that story. Today, with the internet, more have the opportunity to express themselves. Back in our day, we kept journals. Most were lost or hidden away, but the important thing was that our thoughts were put down on paper, at times for others, but always for ourselves.

Thank you, Tom and thanks, MJ. Words connect us, although we are miles apart.

1 comment:

  1. Your welcome Mary.
    I enjoy reading your Blog's.
    Tom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top