Monday, April 15, 2013

Intermission

Can it really be two months since I jotted down some thoughts on this blog? I looked back, and sure enough, I stopped writing, volunteering and doing other entertaining things in order to work with an editor on my book that will be coming out this summer....hopefully!

Editing takes concentration and I put my focus on that endeavor. Now I have several days before I begin working with a publisher. That, they tell me, will take another two months, perhaps three. That's what happens when you self-publish.

This respite would have given me a few days to catch up on the messes piling up in my office. Well, that was my plan, but you know the old saying, "the best laid plans".....Those plans went belly-up when I went belly-down with a fall. Now I am nursing a knee that had surgery years ago and am waiting to see if there is any serious damage that may require another surgery. A visit to emergency (of course it happened on a weekend) showed no broken bones. But then, my usually positive husband tells me that ligaments take longer to heal than breaks. Sigh....

What do I get out of this event? I am saying "Hello to much rest and goodbye to my water aerobics, walking and type A personality activities." It is temporary, I keep telling myself. Be patient. Well, what else can I do?

For one thing, I am spending a few moments on this blog before I return to my "sitting with leg up" activity. Sigh again. Sometimes it takes a mishap such as this for folks like me to stay still and catch up on reading, enjoy the daffodils that somehow managed to survive our cold and stormy weather, and reflect on how fortunate I am compared to......you know, the comparison thing really does help. Just watching the news, let alone being aware of many others around me, and I return to gratitude for all I do have in my life.

So, for now, I will enjoy this intermission and soak in the more comtemplative aspects of living. It's about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top