Saturday, August 30, 2014

Yet Another Goodbye

After all, by my age I should be used to saying goodbye to friends, but why is it always difficult to have close friends leave your small spot on this earth? I know that this goodbye will inevitably allow for another hello...another enrichment for my life...but for now, for a while, there will be that hole, that emptiness that no one else will ever fill. I will look on that friendship as a gift that I enjoyed for a time and that will always have a place in my heart, but still, for now, for this while, I will feel the vacuum, the void left by a presence moved away.

Farewell, friend and ally. Soon our only contact will be via the internet or telephone. I wish you the very best in your new community, new friends, new life. You have that way about you, and I have no doubt that you will bring new friends into your world, swiftly and surely, as you did when you entered my part and time on this earth, this very earth that you will always fight to protect.

"may the wind always be at your back..."
(from and old Irish blessing)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top