Sunday, December 11, 2016

Overheard on the Telephone

"Hello", says the voice over the telephone. "Is this Bob from the Fixit Shop?"

"Yes it is."

"Well, I was wondering if you make house calls. My four wheeler won't start and it needs some assistance."

So now I know that Bob will make house calls to service motorcycles and similar vehicles.

At this point in his new venture I have heard him only hesitate one one item, and that is sewing machines. "They are tricky and I would have to judge each one separately before I make an attempt at repair."

I learn something new each day about my Mr. Fixit. He can repair most anything. He was asked if he works on cars and he refused, saying that there are many car repair businesses in town. He wants to work on items not serviced locally. On the other hand he will do oil changes if someone uses Amsoil since he offers the product exclusively and knows first hand that it is the best synthetic available. On the bitterest of days (which we are having at this time) my car which is parked outside, starts right up. After all, we spent many years enduring the bitter cold days in Minnesota. We came to this Banana Belt of South Dakota well prepared, from the warmest of clothes, well layered, to the cold-resistant oil for all of our vehicles.

Do I have a partner that keeps me going, season through season? No doubt about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top