Saturday, April 8, 2017

My First Day of Spring

Yesterday was the official day of Spring for me. Yesterday was the day that Bob brought out the grill from its Winter hibernation and grilled the lamb chops and baked the sweet potatoes. Ah, sweet music to me since for the next 6 months or so, I do not have to cook the meats, fish and chicken. They all taste better when cooked on the outside grill!

Now some might think that I love Bob grilling because I don't enjoy cooking. To tell the truth, I never have, never will, but for some significant reason all of the main entrees have a superior flavor to those I do in the oven, slow cooker or the frying pan. All during the cold, dark months, what I notice the most is my salmon is not as tasty. I just can't replicate the flavors of the grill even with spicing exactly the same.

So through most of the dreary winter days I put most of my effort into stews, soups and chili. On those meals I excel, and they do help to stave off the cold and dismal months of winter. But for now, hear me sing as I whip up the veggies in the kitchen. As I said, I never have enjoyed cooking. Never, never!

My thanks to whoever invented that greatest of inventions...the outside cooker. It is the best way to get the husband to be a highly valued chef.


2 comments:

  1. I can safely say outside cooking or grilling is Pre-Columbian. Many areas did enjoy cooking from the outdoors as evidenced in South America. Still, it is quite the joy to gather with family and friends and enjoy great meals.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top