Sunday, October 29, 2017

Goodbye Leaves

And so once again we say goodbye to summer and fall. The leaves have colored and are falling everywhere. A few track into the house. The butterflies have flown south, along with many of the birds. The air has turned brisk and it is time for sweaters and jackets and the warmth of cozy bathrobes while sitting by the fireplace.

There is a sadness to saying farewell to the casualness of summer, but now it is time to greet the coming of the cold that sharpens the senses and reminds us of how change is inevitable. Along with this inevitability comes the promise of the return of the bees, birds and butterflies.

In the meantime some of the birds have remained to brighten the day. The blue jays have taken over the feeders and the solemn owl hoots in the silence of the early darkness.

The coming season is a reminder of the shortness of life and the importance of holding close to those we love and the beauty of nature in the world around us. We should never take life for granted, nor those who are important to us on our journey through life.

Goodbye to the lengthy days of light and hello to the season of snuggling in with a hot cup of cocoa, a good book and a crackling fire.


3 comments:

  1. I love your last line. I embrace winter as it is one of the prettiest seasons, in my humble opinion. I enjoy the fauna, the lack of flora, yet dormant and waiting for spring to come. And while we say "goodbye" to summer and fall, it is just another "recycling" process our planet does for our benefit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature should be our example of recycling. Nature is the best teacher we have, including taking time for rest and renewal between seasons.

      Delete
  2. 
If you know you not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating husband, i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my husband.He hacked my husbands Gmail and Facebook account and linked all my spouse WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to Mr James for helping me get evidence against him,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top