Sunday, September 25, 2011

"We're Off to See the Wizard"

Our last vacation was almost 15 years ago. Since we moved to the Black Hills from the Twin Cities we have been occupied with building a house off the grid, losing that house and readjusting to life back on the grid. I have been writing and researching for my books and giving presentations about living off the grid, creating fire-wise homes in the urban interface, and healing and hope after loss. During all of this time we put off doing something just for the two of us to help renew body and spirit.

Some medical issues the past two years helped jolt us into planning a trip strictly for fun and relaxation. I said to my husband,  "We only have a few good years left to see the world, broaden our perspective and touch lightly on other cultures. Sometimes I feel as if I have increasing tunnel vision and I need a bit of Dorothy's Oz."

So we are off for parts of Europe we have never seen. I hope to be able to blog a few times a week from there. If not, you will hear from me when we come back with stories of our adventures. We leave our home in the hands of a capable house/cat sitter, and our garden and bees to a friend steeped in the ways of the land. And, when we return, I know, as always, I will sigh, "There is no place like home!"

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy your well deserved vacation. In fact, I wish I could go to Europe. I have not visit the continent in over 20 years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top