Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jiggety Jig, Jiggety Jog

Yes, home again, most likely for a long while. I had a warm hello from friends and family in the Twin Cities and said a fond farewell with promises to return for a longer span the next time. Since Minnesota was my home for the first sixty-five years of my life, it will always tweak strong tugs on my heart.

My presentation of life off and on the grid, including many a hello and a goodbye, was enthusiastically received by the large group of women at the Minneapolis AAUW (American Association of University Women). What fun to have such an eager and appreciative audience! It was an added bonus to have members from the audience stand up during the Q and A addition to remind me of memories I had lost in the mist of too many years.

My extraordinary husband did all of the driving, both ways, and patiently helped me with the book handling and other details. He did become distracted by many familiar faces so I was most grateful to have Jan, our hostess and friend from many years back, take care of the nitty gritty of signing and selling books while I was  greeting and meeting interested readers.

Now that we are safely home at our latest home of fourteen years, I hope to settle into life as usual, catch up with all of the catching up that awaits travelers when they return, and face the long winter ahead with the secure, cozy feelings that crept into my being from briefly touching on family and friends who all hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top