Saturday, October 22, 2011

On the Road Again

Our time back home in the beautiful Black Hills was all too brief. We barely unpacked from our three weeks in Europe, but we have a presentation to make to the AAUW in Minneapolis so we hit the road once again. Bob and I will discuss our life off of the grid, complete with pictures of our endeavor, and I will reflect on my life of hello and goodbyes which continue to shape who I am.

The Twin Cities was my home for over 40 years. I wrote a chapter about my years living there in my book, "A (not so) Simple Life." It was where I worked, played, raised a family, enjoyed the many theaters, varied restaurants, parks and numerous events. There are friends and relatives to visit and places to see, depending on the amount of time we have. I said a fond farewell in 1998, and renewed contacts only a few times since settling in the Hills. I am cautious about the ten hour drive, however, as my back is still out of sorts from our travels overseas. I only had a few days to cold pack it, visit the chiropractor, and work on some stretches to strengthen the aching muscles.

So we are off again, but this time to familiar places and people, which over time, will have all changed, for better or worse, but in my memory will always remain, as in a favorite book from my childhood, special, warm and comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top