Friday, June 19, 2015

Well, VA Police?????


LET ME OUT! 

Readers of previous blogs will know that I tried twice to get the VA police to arrest me. I crossed the picket line to enter the VA property bearing signs that were a witness to the treachery of the federal government against our veterans who served our country and were promised health care when they needed it. If you want to know of all the promises they broke, you can check past blogs. My last book, Reveille in Hot Springs: the Battle to Save our VA is also a testimonial to the deceptions of our government who sent them, but would not mend them.

If you care about what they are doing to our veterans, you can also check out www.theveteranstown.com.

Many of us, veterans and non-veterans are still fighting to save our VA in Hot Springs, a community that helps in the healing of veterans suffering from PTSD or other emotional issues. It is the same old story of David vs Goliath. This time the ending may be different.

So my husband, Bob, locked me in our very old historical jail in downtown Hot Springs. "You are locked up for trespassing on federal property", he scolded me. "You are siding with the veterans against big government."

Very funny, Bob. Is it really a joke? Sadly, in truth, veterans are losing something they hold dear and this blogger cannot even get arrested to get some media attention to our cause. Of course not. I am not a veteran and I was told that I am "too high maintenance. The VA cannot afford to lock me up!"

What I do know is that the federal government cannot afford to cut services for our veterans. In the long run they are going to regret what they are doing today, someday.

Someday may not be during my lifetime, but someday will arrive.....someday.

(Photo courtesy of Tom Gulbranson)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top