Saturday, October 24, 2015

Words to Remember

She was tall, dark and attractive, wearing a brightly colored t-shirt. She was difficult to miss. I was busy finishing up my laundry for the week and briefly noticed her. As usual, I was focused on my chores for the day, but as I left the laundromat she walked up to me and said, "I love your writing."

I was taken aback and asked, "Do you mean my blog?" At this time I had been mulling over an idea for my weekly blog.

"No, I didn't know about your blog. I mean your books. I love your books."

"Which ones?"

"All three. I have all of them and I love them all. I admire your spirit."

This was something I had not heard before. Yes, people told me about this or that book that they had read, but this was a first for me to hear appreciation for all three of my books. Of course I loved hearing the praise. My attention had passed from those books and was now centered on my blog and other writings such as a monthly newsletter. So much the better to hear this woman remark on my books that I had spent considerable time on in the past. If the books are not forgotten and the people I wrote about, my time will have been well spent. It warmed my heart to realize that those that I had interviewed in my last two books, and those I had recalled in my first book, will, for some reader, some day, some where, be thought about and remembered.

Ah, yes, my time was well spent.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top