Friday, June 17, 2016

Happy Father's Day

Once a year we have a special day to honor fathers. Mine is always with me in spirit through the challenges that I face in daily living. My responses are often in reaction to what I witnessed in this amazing role model that I had while growing up.
My father passed on values to his children from early on. We observed a strong work ethic, honesty, respect for nature, interest in current events and past history, caring for others, openness to new ideas, the value of education and the persistent search for knowledge.

My father moved in with us during his final years and continued to pass on his values to his family. We were blessed to realize the continuation through our daughter and grand children.

It is with enduring gratitude that I thank you, Dad, for all you taught, that has inspired me these many years through my life's journey.

Happy father's day to all the fathers out there. Remember, you teach more by example than by words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top