Thursday, May 4, 2017

Aaaaahhhhhh, small towns

She rolled up to the side door of the Fix It Shop.

"Are you Bob?" she asked.

Bob was just locking up for the day. "Yes, I'm Bob. What can I do for you?"

"Well, I saw your ad in the paper a while back, but I lost your number. I couldn't find your shop so I called the newspaper and they told me where you are. I am so happy to find you. I have a riding lawn mower and a regular mower that both need repair. Do you do pick up?"

Of course Bob does pick ups. Most folks cannot bring their large riding mowers to the shop and he has the equipment to do this service.

Mr Fixit has far too many lawn mowers, bikes, motorcyles and chain saws needing repair at this time so he may not be speedy, but he is efficient, reasonable and saves locals a drive to Rapid City.

Thank you, Mr. Fixit, for opening shop in our small town, where the newspaper knows your name and knows your address.

2 comments:

  1. Now that is what I call service. Still glad there are places in this country that I love where service is quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small towns....where everybody knows your name.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top