Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Time Out for Now

My days are filled with listening to the stories of veterans who have offered to give testimonials to help keep our VA in our small community of Hot Springs. My nights, once again, are disturbed by the images of those stories. It is dejavu from the two years I spent interviewing firefighters and evacuees from the Alabaugh Fire and writing their accounts in Cascade of Flames.

Some of the interviews are lengthy and because of our time limit on getting everything together, I may take a break from this blog. I want to give my full attention to the task at hand, which is trying to keep our VA from relocating to a less peaceful setting, and with less benefits for the veterans.

Perhaps I will turn to this as an escape. We will see what the next few weeks bring. If the blogs do not appear, know that I am otherwise occupied with joining our community and our veterans in a common cause.

I read that 18 veterans each day returning from Iraq and Afghanistan are committing suicide. Our VA is one of the best facilities in the United States for treating PTSD and addictions. We are trying to save it, and grow it, to help each and every veteran who needs the help they deserve. Cut backs are not meant for those who gave their service, some for two or more tours, so the rest of us could enjoy the benefits of our freedoms.

See, once I start this blog, I go on and on, and I am due for an interview. So long for a while.

Please check out our web site: http://www.theveteranstown.com/

VETERANS FIRST                VETERANS FOREVER                  WE CARE FOR THEIR CARE

                                 SAVE IT!   GROW IT!    HOT SPRINGS VA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top