Sunday, January 8, 2012

We Will Make a Very Loud Noise!

"This will be a very intense few months, and the situation is very complex and fluid. But with all the talent and single mindedness of this community, we will make a  very loud noise!

Thanks for all you've done, and will do!"  

Bob Nelson

The above words from Bob were sent out to all of us who signed up to work on a committee to help our veterans keep our VA hospital in Hot Springs. The energy and determination flowing through this community is contagious, inspiring and heart-warming. We care about our veterans and want to keep the highest quality medical services available to them.

I have signed up on the public relations committee, and part of my role is to interview veterans who are using our Hot Springs facility. At this point in time I have interviewed several veterans and am scheduling others. Some of these veterans are reluctant to talk in public and I hope to be a bridge for them to the Veterans Administration. Their stories are clear, strong and poignant. It wasn't long ago that I interviewed people involved in the Alabaugh Fire of 7-7-7. Their stories affected me strongly, at times in a disturbing way, but mostly they moved me and became a powerful influence on who I am becoming.

I knew from my first interview that the voices of the veterans will touch me in a similar manner. For that I am grateful and proud to be a part of this endeavor.

Check out our new web site at http://www.theveteranstown.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top