Sunday, March 29, 2015

Renewal

Every season has a special flavor. Spring and Fall have always been my favorites. They are beginnings and endings mingled in time and that, to me, has been their special appeal.

Spring has just begun here in the southern Black Hills. Our daffodils began their journey in late February and continued boldly through late winter snow and cold. Today they are in full blossom and brighten our table at each meal. The grass is green, the bushes are budding ever so cautiously, perhaps waiting for yet another cold spell. The dandelions are popping up in odd places and this past week our hardware store has potted garden plants calling passersby from the stands on the outside street, "look-ey here. I am ready for your garden. Choose me, choose me and I will bring you your favorite veggie." It may be early, but "hope springs eternal"......

And so one of my favorite seasons has erupted once again in our yard, in the neighborhood and along our Fall River. In Fall there is a touch of sadness with the hint of increasing darkness, but in Spring there is only growth, renewal, burgeoning light, fleeting cold and amazing, wonderful hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top