Sunday, March 22, 2015

Time Out

Nature has its way. When I don't listen to my own body I get knocked down by a bug. Now I must take time to rest, heal and maybe, just maybe, catch up on reading material put off for over three years. The funny thing is that I really enjoy being involved in many volunteer activities. I have a difficult time saying "no" to requests, but now I have to slow down, take a breather, let myself heal and live "the virtue of selfishness".

If I don't take care of myself first, then nothing else of use will follow. I have known this for years. I have preached it to others. When will I listen to my own advice? You would thing in my mature years I would be living in the correct order...self first, then others. It is as they tell the parents on the airplanes, "If the oxygen mask comes down you put it on yourself first before your child or you may not live to take care of your child." It makes sense!

Now, for this time, and hopefully for all time, I will remember to heed this advice from many far wiser than I. At this moment I may be too miserable to catch up on reading, but I will rest, do the liquid thing and chicken soup. Life will go on without me. It always has and always will.

Later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top