Saturday, July 30, 2016

Time for War

It all started with one drop of honey....one tiny drop that was missed during kitchen clean up. The small ants invaded our kitchen. I used the usual natural deterrents such as vinegar and lemon juice. That would work for a day, but late into the night the ants came marching back in, searching for who know what?

Remember the old song, "The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out..." Well, now it was ants, and after several days of battling their determined army I announced to no one in particular that I was declaring war on these annoying critters.

This morning I woke to a kitchen in disarray. Things were moved from the other side of the cabinets. I knew that my husband must have gone into the war zone and entered the battle I had been fighting for about a week.

"I see you fought the ants last night. I don't understand since I was meticulous in my clean up and had sprayed generously with the vinegar."

"Yes, they were all over the place, but these were different ants. They were even smaller and they were not sugar ants. These were searching for grease which they must have discovered in some back space missed during your clean up," Bob responded with annoyance oozing from his voice.

"This is definitely war. I will put out poison that they will bring back to their nest, destroying their entire colony, including the eggs."

Now I am researching the most natural way of killing that will not destroy other innocents that happen by. Stand by for final results. It is "man versus the ant," or, in this case, "woman versus the insects that invade my territory."

Summer is not my favorite season. It brings extreme heat and pesky bugs and the invasion of the weeds! I long for fall.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary they invade mine too. They went where they did not belong. Fortunately I did not know the natural remedy and pulled out the van but Al least it had a nice smell. No allergy problem with it. Loved your story of your Adventurous Ants!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Van is to be can.! A van will not fit in my kitchen!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The answer is sugar mixed with Twenty Mule Team Borax. They were gone in two days and no trace since.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top