Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Recoursefulness

She was about 15 years old - thin, brown hair with glasses. She hesitated, then came into Bob's Fix it Shop pushing her bicycle.

"I need my bike fixed. I fell and it is sort of messed up."

Bob stopped his other work to help the girl. He patched the tire, adjusted the brakes and replaced the broken shift control with a new one.

"How much do I owe you for all of this work?"

"I will charge you $20.00 for the new shift control."

"Well, I have to ask my mother for the money and I have to wait until she is in a good mood."

The girl took her bike with her.

Two weeks went by before the teen-ager came back to settle her bill.  She handed Bob the $20.00.

"Oh, I guess your Mom was finally in a good mood."

"No, she wasn't. I saved my lunch money to pay for my bike."

There are still shining beacons of hope among the newest generation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top