Friday, July 28, 2017

This is South Dakota

He came to the back door of Wild West Wheels Fix it Shop. He was tall, thin and anxious. His son was sitting in the cab next to him.

"I have been driving all over town trying to find someone who could help me. Can you get my motorcycle off of the back of my truck?"

Bob took one look. "No problem. Just back up to the loading dock."

Later his wife joined the pair. The man was uncommunicative and seemed in a hurry. Bob presumed they were camping in the area and wanted to tour with the motorcycle.

Bob looked at the license plate on the back of the white truck. It identified the vehicle from New York.

Bob interrupted his work on a lawn mower to slip the Triumph motorcycle off of the back of the truck. It took him about 20 minutes because the man needed help in parking his truck correctly in order for Bob to unload it.

"How much do I owe you?"

"Not a thing. It only took a few minutes of my time. This is not New York and this is the way we do it in South Dakota."
To the family from New York: enjoy your trip compliments of Wild West Wheels from South Dakota!

2 comments:

  1. So precious, Bob came to my rescue also, stopped what he was doing to sharpen my hand tools for I could finish my yardwork. He saved my day too. Thanks Bob (Mr.Fixit)and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great comment. He never told me about this. I wonder how many others he has helped?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top