Saturday, September 23, 2017

Traditions

"Hello, Grandma. How are you?"

It was my grandson calling from Michigan.

"How is school?"

"Well, it is different from high school, but I like it."

Those words were music to my ears. I had loved college, not only because it led to a great career but also it opened my mind to another world out there that was hidden from me during my years growing up in small town, America.

"Are you meeting kids from other places?"

"I am and I like them all. Some are from Europe and many from Mexico. They have different opinions from mine but I listen to their ideas."

We talked about his classes, his new friends, his dorm and his job that helped him to attend college.

After our conversation I thought back to my college years. I am still grateful for the classes and friends who were different from me, with both expanding my thoughts, feelings and opportunities for a richer life to carry me through adulthood.

I am thankful to my parents who supported me during my college years and to my daughter and son-in-law for carrying on the ideals of the importance of education to their children. Learning is more than an opportunity for a great job. Hopefully it will be the seed for a lifetime of growth, continued learning and independence of thought.
Here's to my daughter and son-in-law for showing our grandchildren the value of a lifetime of learning!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, Mary. I bet you are one proud grandmother. And to the future graduate: may his life continue to grow, learn, and achieve success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 
If you know you not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating husband, i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my husband.He hacked my husbands Gmail and Facebook account and linked all my spouse WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to Mr James for helping me get evidence against him,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top