Thursday, August 30, 2012

Off We Go

Remember the song, "Off we go into the wild blue yonder?" Well, we are off again, but not into the blue sky, so don't know why I thought of that song.

Since 1989 I have been part of a research study titled ARIC (atherosclerosis risk in community study). I am proud to be included in this research of the heart and brain. I told myself when I began this project that it was the least I could do for the advancement of health research. When I lived in the Cities it was an easy jaunt to the research center. It is a bit more of a hassle driving the 600 some miles, but I am grateful I am still alive and able to be included in this study.

Each year the project loses more participants, mostly through death and illness. This will be my fifth time actually going through the tests. Other years we contribute through phone calls. I really hope I can continue to drive the distance as long as possible to be of as much assistance as I can. It is a wonderful feeling to feel useful. As long as I am useful, I know I am living, not just alive.

I will check in on return from new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top