Thursday, August 23, 2012

Yet Another Goodbye

Life is always filled with goodbyes. Some are more painful than others, and some are permanent. I want to keep saying hello because I know, sooner or later, I will be experiencing another goodbye.

This week my husband and I are seeing off friends we have had for many years since moving to Hot Springs. During our time here we have greeted the new wife and seen two children born to the couple. They are leaving for better opportunities for sure, but for me it means no more lunches and shopping in Rapid City with us girls, no more political chats with the husband, and nor more watching the children grow, learn and develop into adulthood.

We will keep contact, but it will not be the same. We may get photos of the children at their different stages and, hopefully, we will see one another now and then. What we will have are fond memories of the years we did spend with one another and rejoice with them in their new life. They have enriched our lives with their friendship and that will remain within us long after they move away.

Goodbye, goodluck and the best of the best from us.

1 comment:

  1. Your always in our mine and our heart. You're nice person, I can't forget you and Bob.You're helping me to build up my English language and Bob taught me to drive.God is good he send an living angel to help me out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top