Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bursts of Promise

Negativity gets me down, I admit. Doom and gloom are prevalent everywhere, mostly fueled by the media, so when there is a glimmer of kindness, hopefulness or positive news, my spirits rise and I remind myself that life, which always has two sides, is best spent trying to make things better, no matter what the odds.

The past year and a half many of us have tried to keep our special VA facility open and growing for the veterans who have served our country. No matter the outcome, I feel better when I am working to help keep this VA in the Veterans Town. My latest book, soon to be published, is about the town and the veterans struggle to achieve this goal. More on that later.

Right now the latest positive news is that one, maybe two of our restaurants have sold and will soon re-open. A boutique is opening in a business long closed and a McDonald's is coming to town! When that very expensive franchise moves to a town, they believe in the community and its growth. Confidence is what has been lacking for many months, negativity has been rampant and on this beautiful spring day in Hot Springs there is a feeling of electricity, hope and reassurance in the specialness of this hidden treasure of a community in the southern Black Hills of South Dakota.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top